Psalm 46:1 “God is (not has been) our Refuge and Strength, a very present help in time of need.”
I love His Word and especially this verse as it has many principles and promises.
- First: God is and will be our Refuge (a place of safety.)
- Second: God is and will be our Strength (ability to keep going.)
- Third: God is and will be a very present help in time of need.
Our Heavenly Father knew we would have many problems and spiritual trials in this world. He said in John 16:33, “In this world you will have tribulations, testings and trials: but, be of good cheer: I have overcome the world.”
He said in Psalm 34:19: “Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.”
Psalm 32:8 “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shall go: I will guide thee with mine eye!”
Believing in a God who only loves, but is not in control, is not a God worth worshipping and obeying. Our God is good and has a plan and purpose for each of us. God is love and is in control. Ephesians 1:4
St. Augustine once said: “God loves every man as though there were no one else to love. God also prepares every man, who is willing to listen, as though there were no one else to do His work.”
Again, Psalm 46:1: God is!!
We need to not just know ABOUT God, but rather, to really KNOW Him personally. Also, we need not to just hear ABOUT God but to really HEAR His Voice for ourselves.
John 10:3,4 says: “He calleth His own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.” Verse 4 – “For they KNOW His Voice.”
Again GOD IS:
- A Refuge: A place of safety and shelter in time of trouble.
- Strength: In II Corinthians 12:9 the Lord said to Paul, “My Grace is sufficient for thee; for My Strength is made perfect in weakness.” Paul received this word and responded in verse 10 “For then when I am weak, then I am strong.”
- A very present help in time of need: John 14:26
He is our Strength.
He is our Comfort.
He is our Helper.
He is our Counselor.
He is our Intercessor.
He is our Advocate.
He is our Standby.
As the scripture has stated in John 14:26, Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to represent Himself, on His behalf and He will teach you all things and will by revelation recall and bring back to remembrance all He is and has done!!
Oh, What a Savior!!