Proverbs 4:23 Keep your heart with all diligence, for out of it are the issues of life”
- America at Moral Crossroads: Shocking New Survey on Whether Man or God Should Determine Right vs. Wrong
- America is at a moral crossroads, with the Judeo-Christian tradition that once underpinned culture being pushed aside and replaced by the “gospel of the self.”
- A new survey from the Cultural Research Center at Arizona Christian University, showcases the extent to which this dynamic is gripping Americans’ hearts and minds.
- Respondents were asked, regardless of their faith, about “America’s foundation for determining right and wrong.” They were given three options: the Bible, what respondents feel in their hearts, or majority rule.
- The largest proportion — 42% — selected what people feel in their heart, compared to 29% who said majority rule, and an additional 29% who chose the Bible.
- “Stated differently, seven out of 10 adults (71%) now contend that man rather than God should be the judge of right and wrong.”
- Barna said people are becoming increasingly comfortable with the notion they are the “arbiters of morality.”
- “One could reasonably argue that the nation’s ideas about right and wrong are now more likely to come from the White House and the halls of Congress than from our houses of worship,” he said. “The laws of the land are replacing the laws of God in determining good and evil in America.”
Read the original article by clicking here.