Romans 1:21-23 For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Claiming to be wise, they became fools, and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.
- AI and ML will transform the scientific method.
- With AI and machine learning (ML), we can expect to see orders of magnitude of improvement in what can be accomplished.
- AI enables an unprecedented ability to analyze enormous data sets and computationally discover complex relationships and patterns. AI, augmenting human intelligence, is primed to transform the scientific research process, unleashing a new golden age of scientific discovery in the coming years.
- AI will become a pillar of foreign policy.
- We are likely to see serious government investment in AI. U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III has publicly embraced the importance of partnering with innovative AI technology companies to maintain and strengthen global U.S. competitiveness.
- AI will enable next-gen consumer experiences.
- Next-generation consumer experiences like the metaverse and cryptocurrencies have garnered much buzz. These experiences and others like them will be critically enabled by AI
- Addressing the climate crisis will require AI.
- Many promising emerging ideas require AI to be feasible. One potential new approach involves prediction markets powered by AI that can tie policy to impact, taking a holistic view of environmental information and interdependence. This would likely be powered by digital “twin Earth” simulations that would require staggering amounts of real-time data and computation to detect nuanced trends imperceptible to human senses. Other new technologies such as carbon dioxide sequestration cannot succeed without AI-powered risk modeling, downstream effect prediction and the ability to anticipate unintended consequences.
- AI will enable truly personalized medicine
- One compelling emerging application of AI involves synthesizing individualized therapies for patients. Moreover, AI has the potential to one day synthesize and predict personalized treatment modalities in near real-time—no clinical trials required.
- Simply put, AI is uniquely suited to construct and analyze “digital twin” rubrics of individual biology and is able to do so in the context of the communities an individual lives in.
- AI solutions have the potential not only to improve the state of the art in healthcare, but also to play a major role in reducing persistent health inequities.
Read the original article by clicking here.