Mark 13:12 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.”
- In Atlanta’s Buckhead Neighborhood, Rising Crime Fuels Move to Secede
- In increase in violent crime has spurred a movement in Atlanta’s wealthiest and whitest neighborhood, Buckhead, to push harder to secede and create a new city with its own police force.
- Bill White, chief executive of the committee pushing Buckhead cityhood, said Atlanta hasn’t done enough to stem violence, car-thefts, drag-racing and other crimes that surged beginning in 2020, during the early stages of the pandemic and after civil unrest followed Black Lives Matter protests.
- “They really don’t care about Buckhead,” Mr. White, said about city officials. “They just want the money.”
- Atlanta had 158 homicides in 2021 and 157 in 2020, compared with 99 in 2019, according to the Atlanta Police Department
- The crime “makes me want to move to the suburbs,” said Evita Alexander-Esteves.
Read the original article by clicking here.