Romans 1:25 “25 because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen.
- THE PEOPLE CHEERING FOR HUMANITY’S END
- Man is an invention of recent date. And one perhaps nearing its end.
- In The Order of Things (1966), the French philosopher Michel Foucault heralded… one day “man would be erased, like a face drawn in the sand at the edge of the sea.”
- In the 21st century, Anthropocene anti-humanism offers a much more radical response to a much deeper ecological crisis. It says that our self-destruction is now inevitable, and that we should welcome it as a sentence we have justly passed on ourselves.
- Transhumanism, by contrast, glorifies some of the very things that anti-humanism decries—scientific and technological progress, the supremacy of reason. But it believes that the only way forward for humanity is to create new forms of intelligent life that will no longer be Homo sapiens.
- Others await, with hope or trepidation, the invention of artificial intelligence infinitely superior to our own. These beings will demote humanity to the rank we assign to animals
- Like anti-humanists, transhumanists contemplate the prospect of humanity’s disappearance with serenity. What worries them is the possibility that it will happen too soon, before we have managed to invent our successors.
- Transhumanists believe that we will take the first steps toward escaping our physical form sooner than most people realize
Read the original article by clicking here.