Matthew 5:10 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness’ sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven
- Eric Metaxas: ‘Silence’ of American churches echoes 1930s Nazi Germany
- About 3,000 of the approximately 18,000 Protestant pastors in Germany in the 1930s openly supported Adolf Hitler, and about the same number ended up opposing his tyrannical rule.
- But it was the vast majority of ministers, about 12,000, who chose to remain silent – arguing it wasn’t their place to engage in politics
- Metaxas contends the American church today mirrors the silence of the German church before the Holocaust.
- Without question, he said, that silence will lead the nation “to horror unimaginable, unless we repent, unless we cease being silent.”
Read the original article by clicking here.