1Peter 4:12-14 “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.
- Appeals Court Tosses Ruling That Upheld Rights of Fellowship of Christian Athletes
- The full 9th U.S. Court of Appeals will reconsider a three-panel judge’s decision requiring a San Jose, California school district to recognize the Fellowship of Christian Athletes (FCA). The district is objecting to the FCA’s policy that does not allow LGBTQ students to serve as leaders of the Christian club.
- The federal court’s order vacated the panel’s 2-1 decision last August finding the school district infringed on FCA’s rights when it took away its status as an official high school club.
- The FCA is a student religious organization whose policies for its members include a “sexual purity statement,” declaring that “the biblical description of marriage is one man and one woman in a lifelong commitment.” The San Jose Unified School District withdrew its recognition of the group in 2019 and says it grants such status only to organizations whose membership is open to all students. The FCA group was still allowed to meet on campus but could no longer deposit funds in a school bank account or be listed in school yearbooks, a status granted only to officially recognized student organizations, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.
- Based in Kansas City, MO, the FCA is a Christian religious ministry with more than 7,000 student chapters at schools and colleges nationwide, including three chapters within three San Jose high schools that had been active for more than a decade.
Read the original article by clicking here.