1 Thessalonians 5:17 Pray without ceasing
- Franklin Graham: America Is ‘Spiraling in a Heap of Confusion and Lies’
- Prominent evangelist Franklin Graham urged Americans to return to prayer Thursday, insisting the nation’s problems stem from having “turned our back on God.”
- “Our country is spiraling in a heap of confusion and lies,” Rev. Graham wrote to his 10 million Facebook followers.
- “As a nation we have turned our back on God and His Word, and we are seeing the results. Violence, crime, and suicide are rampant,” he declared.
- The only solution to the nation’s escalating problems is a return to God, Graham asserted, in his remembrance of the National Day of Prayer, an annual observance designated by the U.S. Congress and held on the first Thursday of May.
- The National Day of Prayer was established by President Harry S. Truman in 1952 as part of the public reaction to the threats occasioned by the Korean War, mandating that each subsequent president sign a yearly proclamation urging all Americans to pray on this day.
- Franklin Graham insisted that our hope “isn’t in politicians and programs — our hope is in God.”
Read the original article by clicking here.