Luke 8:13 And the ones on the rock are those who, when they hear the word, receive it with joy. But these have no root; they believe for a while, and in time of testing fall away.
- Greg Laurie Reveals the Simple Statement That Snapped Him Out of a Life of Confusion — and Led Him to Accept Christ
- Laurie also spoke about the 1960s and 1970s, noting that “America was in flames in the ‘60s. Between “upheaval, turmoil, riots in the streets, young men coming home in body bags from Vietnam … there was such chaos in the culture”
- A 1966 Time Magazine cover read, “Is God Dead?”
- “I was a 17-year-old kid. I was using drugs every single day. I was going in the wrong direction in my life,” he said, noting that he stumbled upon a Bible study one day on the lawn of his high school, and it changed everything. “I sat down close enough to eavesdrop on what was being said.”
- That’s when Laurie heard someone proclaim a truth that stuck with him: “Jesus said, ‘You’re for me, or against me.’” The statement struck him and he wondered, “Am I against Jesus?”
- Decades later, he’s now personally led thousands of people to Christ, preaching to young people and adults, alike.
- “Let’s not sacrifice the gospel for coolness … what this generation needs is not more cool stuff, they need Jesus Christ,” Laurie said. “They need to know what the Bible says and they need it in a way that they can understand it.”
Read the original article by clicking here.