“Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in fear.” — President Harry S. Truman
- ‘KGB-style tactics’: Congresswoman born in USSR blasts FBI raid
- Indiana GOP Rep. Victoria Spartz, who grew up in the Soviet Union, likened the Bureau’s operation to those of the KGB, the USSR’s notorious secret police and intelligence force.
- Trump himself said the FBI’s actions signaled the country was declining into the political instability commonly associated with developing nations.
- “Such an assault could only take place in broken, Third-World Countries,” he lamented. “Sadly America has now become one of those Countries, corrupt at a level not seen before. They even broke into my safe!”
- Spartz made an appeal for Americans to look beyond partisanship and recognize the threat that political persecution poses to the political system, saying “[r]egardless of people’s feelings about President Trump, this should not be acceptable in a democratic society.”
- “If the federal government can raid the home of a former president, all Americans should ask: what can 87,000 new IRS agents do to me?”
Read the original article by clicking here.