1 Peter 4:12-14 “Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed. If you are insulted for the name of Christ, you are blessed, because the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you.”
- This Grandma Was Arrested for Praying Silently While Walking Outside: ‘Chilling Effect on Freedom’
- A grandmother who was arrested in the UK for walking and praying silently near an abortion clinic is still awaiting trial a year after her arrest.
- On that particular day, she walked past an abortion clinic and prayed silently. Lalor wore a face mask and kept a distance from others.
- A police officer stopped the 76-year-old and asked why she was outdoors. When she said that she was “walking and praying,” the officer reportedly told her that she did not have a “reasonable excuse” to be outside and accused her of protesting.
- Lalor explained. “When I was walking outdoors, I was praying in the privacy of my own mind. What kind of society are we, when people can be arrested simply for peacefully manifesting their faith in public?”
- She was arrested, placed in a police car, charged, and fined 200 pounds (around $260 US$) under temporary coronavirus measures, ADF UK reports.
- Lalor pled “not guilty” to the charge, however, her case has not been heard yet due to court delays.
Read the original article by clicking here.