Mark 13:12 “Brother will betray brother to death, and a father his child. Children will rebel against their parents and have them put to death.”
- ‘Stress, Anxiety, Lot of Anger:’ Pandemic and Other Factors Fueling America’s Surging Murder Rate
- Experts say the spike in homicides began at the height of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- “Pent up stress, anxiety, a lot of anger. People started losing their jobs. People are drinking more,” Criminologist Dr. Alex Piquero
- “All of these things put together have occurred in every city in the United States,” said Piquero.
- In 2021, Chicago, a city long plagued by deadly gun violence, saw its deadliest year in 25 years with 797 murders.
- Los Angeles counted nearly 400 deaths in 2021 and 134 in Oakland. Both California municipalities’ murder rates reached 15-year highs.
- Austin, Texas, recorded an unprecedented number of murders last year.
Read the original article by clicking here.