- Chaos in France as police fire tear gas at protesters and baton-charge crowds in Paris where ‘800,000’ marched against pension reforms – and Bordeaux town hall goes up in flames amid riots
- As nationwide demonstrations enter their ninth night, striking images showed huge a huge blaze erupting in the western city of Bordeaux.
- Five thousand police officers were on the streets of Paris today for protests
- A record number marched through Paris with over 1 million protesting nationally
- Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin said that across France, 149 members of the security forces had been injured and at least 172 people arrested, including 72 in Paris.
- A demonstrator explained why they were protesting: ‘I oppose this reform and I really oppose the fact that democracy no longer means anything.’
Read the original article by clicking here.