- Chilling footage shows water filling Sydney’s busiest tollway tunnel as two bodies are pulled from floodwaters – and tens of thousands are told to evacuate as unprecedented rain event floods the city and surrounds
- Greater Sydney warned of grim 24 hours ahead
- ‘Strong winds are expected which could cause trees and powerlines to fall. Landslides are also possible, which could block roads.’
- Sydney commuters have been told to avoid all non-essential travel in the face of wet and wild conditions and ditch the city’s rail network entirely.
- Many had to be rescued by fellow citizens and have since struggled to access basics such as food, water, power, fuel, phones, ATMs, the internet and medical supplies.
- Around 2,000 of the 3,500 homes assessed so far in the Northern Rivers are no longer habitable, increasing the need for short-term and medium-to-long-term accommodation.
Read the original article by clicking here.