Mathew 24:12 And because lawlessness will be increased, the love of many will grow cold.
- Another TV news crew reporting on crime in a Democrat-run city can now provide firsthand testimony of just how bad things have gotten.
- A Univision Chicago TV crew was reporting on a string of armed robberies across the city of Chicago early Monday morning when three men wearing ski masks robbed the crew at gunpoint.
- The Chicago Tribune reported that the victims, a reporter and a photographer who have not been named, were filming a segment for the Spanish-language TV station near the 1200 block of North Milwaukee Avenue in the city’s West Town.
- “They were approached with guns and robbed,” said Luis Godinez, vice president of news at Univision Chicago. “Mainly it was personal items, and they took a camera.”
- Newsweek reported that Johnson has argued that well-funded police forces and throwing criminals in jail won’t make Chicago safer. Instead, he thinks more money should be dumped into mental health care, schools, and affordable housing. Additionally, he has supported sending social workers and EMTs to respond to various 911 calls instead of cops — in a city that reportedly has already seen 396 homicides this year and a total of 643 slayings in the past 12 months.
- There have been 19,585 carjackings so far this year, accounting for a 227% increase since 2019. Johnson was recently mocked over suing automakers as a roundabout way of addressing the problem.
Read the original article by clicking here.