Revelations 6:3-4 “when he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, “Come!” 4 And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword.
- UN chief fears world headed for ‘wider war’ over Ukraine-Russia
- Guterres noted that top scientists and security experts had moved the “Doomsday Clock” to just 90 seconds to midnight last month, the closest it has ever been to signaling the annihilation of humanity.
- “The prospects for peace keep diminishing. The chances of further escalation and bloodshed keep growing,” he said.
- “I fear the world is not sleepwalking into a wider war. I fear it is doing so with its eyes wide open.”
- Guterres referenced other threats to peace, from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict to Afghanistan, Myanmar, the Sahel and Haiti.
- He added it is “time to transform our approach to peace by recommitting to the Charter — putting human rights and dignity first, with prevention at the heart.”
- Stressing the need to act with future generations in mind, the secretary-general repeated his call for a “radical transformation” of global finance.
- “Without fundamental reforms, the richest countries and individuals will continue to pile up wealth, leaving crumbs for the communities and countries of the Global South,” he added.
- The UN Development Program estimates that the world has gone back five years in terms of human development, including health, education, and living standards.
Read the original article by clicking here.