Revelations 13:14 “…by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth…”
- Microsoft founder Bill Gates has made it clear: AI is poised to change the world as we know it, and we need to start readying ourselves for that not-so-distant future.
- “Soon after the first automobiles were on the road, there was the first car crash,” the billionaire wrote in a Tuesday post on his personal blog. “But we didn’t ban cars,” he added, arguing that we instead began to enforce “rules of the road.”
- “We’re now in the earliest stage of another profound change, the Age of AI,” he continued. “It’s analogous to those uncertain times before speed limits and seat belts.”
- Gates then went on to list a number of legitimate AI concerns that underscore the growing need for AI rules and regulations. At the top of Bill’s Bad List, notably, was the threat that AI poses to democratic election meddling and misinformation.
- “Deepfakes and misinformation generated by AI could undermine elections and democracy,” Gates wrote. “On a bigger scale, AI-generated deepfakes could be used to try to tilt an election. Of course, it doesn’t take sophisticated technology to sow doubt about the legitimate winner of an election, but AI will make it easier.”
Read the original article by clicking here.