Luke 21:11 There will be great earthquakes, and in various places famines and pestilences. And there will be terrors and great signs from heaven.
- Prepare for a disease even deadlier than Covid, WHO chief warns
- The planet should be ready for a disease even deadlier than Covid, the head of the World Health Organization warned yesterday.
- Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus told the World Health Assembly forum that the threat of another public health crisis could not be kicked ‘down the road’.
- He also claimed that, despite the darkest days of the pandemic being consigned to history, a doomsday Covid variant with the power to send the world back to square one could still spawn.
- The WHO has identified nine priority diseases that pose the biggest risk to public health. They were deemed to be most risky due to a lack of treatments or their ability to cause a pandemic.
- Covid is on the list, along with Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever, a disease transmitted by ticks which kills 30 per cent of those it hospitalizes.
- Ebola, which kills around half of those it infects, is another
- Marburg, one of the deadliest pathogens ever discovered
- The UN health agency has also warned about ‘Disease X’, reflecting the fact that the next pandemic could be caused by a pathogen currently unknown to cause human disease.
- WHO officials are currently working on an updated list.
Read the original article by clicking here.