Revelation 16:9 “They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.”
- Wildfire Reaches One of the Largest Observatories in the US
- The Contreras Fire reached the ridge that’s home to Kitt Peak Observatory.
- A rapidly expanding wildfire reached one of the largest collections of telescopes and other astronomical equipment in the US
- The facility says more than 30 telescopes and instruments are operated from its perch overlooking a dry and dark expanse of southwest desert. The observatory plays a key role in the study of dark energy, nebulas and other deep space objects, as well as the search for exoplanets.
- The observatory had already been evacuated
- The fire was started by a lightning strike on June 11. As of Friday it has burned more than 11,000 acres and is zero percent contained. Over 300 firefighting personnel are currently working the fire.
Read the original article by clicking here.