Rev 6:6 NAS “And I heard something like a voice in the center of the four living creatures saying, “A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not damage the oil and the wine.”
- Ukraine war: World Bank warns of ‘human catastrophe’ food crisis
- The world faces a “human catastrophe” from a food crisis arising from Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, World Bank president David Malpass has said.
- He told the BBC that record rises in food prices would push hundreds of millions people into poverty and lower nutrition, if the crisis continues.
- The World Bank calculates there could be a “huge” 37% jump in food prices.
- This would hit the poor hardest, who will “eat less and have less money for anything else such as schooling”
- Food prices are at their highest since records began 60 years ago, according to the index, after they jumped nearly 13% in March, following February’s record high.
Read the original article by clicking here.