Revelation 16:9 “They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.”
- More than 1,000 firefighters scrambling as crews lose ground in Yosemite
- Containment on Wednesday was estimated at 17%, according to Stanley Bercovitz, a spokesperson with the U.S. Forest Service and part of the California Incident Management Agency. That remains unchanged from Tuesday evening’s report but represents a 5% decrease from Tuesday’s morning report that estimated fire containment at around 22%.
- Bercovitz said the fire had grown over 200 acres since Tuesday evening, from 3,516 to 3,772 acres as of Wednesday morning.
- The day the fire started, and that it appeared to be human-caused. The incident managers say the cause is under investigation.
- There are now 1,045 crew members dedicated to the Washburn fire, including everything from forest crews, hotshot crews, engines of various sizes, water tenders, and bulldozers, said Bercovitz.
- The Mariposa Grove of Giant Sequoias has experienced “minimal fire impacts” due to a long history of prescribed burning and proactive fire management and fuel reduction.
- “As a result, there have been no known loss of any large giant sequoias”
Read the original article by clicking here.