- Tense moment Chinese fighter jet ‘comes close to COLLIDING’ with American B-52 bomber by just TEN FEET over South China Sea, sparking US fury
- The US military has revealed that a Chinese jet came dangerously close to a US bomber earlier this week over the South China Sea.
- The revelation, offered by the US Indo-Pacific Command in a statement Thursday, comes as part of what American officials have described as increasingly risky behavior by Chinese military aircraft.
- The US military blasted both the pilot and maneuver, saying that it unnecessarily put both pilots at risk – citing footage that shows the Chinese J-11 jet coming within 10 feet of the B-52 aircraft Tuesday.
- Earlier this month, the Pentagon said Chinese military aircraft have carried out maneuvers close to US planes nearly 200 times since 2021 – fueling already heightened tensions between Beijing and Washington.
- Just last week, China’s defense ministry shot back at those claims, insisting in a statement that the Pentagon’s criticism of its aerial intercepts was a premeditated smear on China – one with ulterior political motives.
- Relations between China and the United States have already been tense, and the recent close-calls have not helped.
- Biden also warned China about its recent harassment of Philippine vessels in the South China Sea.
- ‘Any attack on Filipino aircraft, vessels or armed forces will invoke our mutual defense treaty with the Philippines,’ he said.
- ‘I want to be very clear. The United States defense commitment to the Philippines is ironclad.’
Read the original article by clicking here.