What? That title is a contradiction if there ever was one—But, HOLD ON!! Stay with me and you will understand what I’m saying and why.
Are there really things that Almighty God can’t do? Yes, and at the risk of your choosing to never read anything I write again, at least make your decision after you consider the following facts. I am confident that you will also agree!! So hang on, here we go….
1. Do you believe that God is a God of truth? If so, then you are in agreement with what the Bible says.
John 14:6—“Jesus saith unto him, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.’”
John 8:45—“…I tell you the truth,…”KJV
Since God is the source of truth, then God cannot lie.
Hebrews 6:18—“…. it was impossible for God to lie, …. ” KJV
2. God’s Word is who He is. Then does God keep His own Words? The Bible is a written record which describes and illustrates the character of God. God’s Word is the final word in every situation.
Psalm 119:89—“Forever, O Lord, thy word is settled in heaven.”
Since God’s Word is truth and forever settled in Heaven, then God cannot go against His own spoken and written Word. If God were to negate His own words, there would be confusion in Heaven and we could not trust Him.
3. Is God Faithful? Can you trust what He says will come to pass? Of course! And, since God has promised to never leave us or forsake us if we belong to Him, once again, here is something God cannot do. He cannot break the promise to always be with His people.
Hebrews 13:5—“Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.”
Jesus will always be for and in those who have accepted Him as their personal Savior and are following Him.
4. Can you think of something else God cannot do? How about His love for you? Will He ever quit loving you? For God not to love is totally against His nature.
Because God is love, He can’t stop loving you. Aren’t we thankful for the love of God that reaches to the highest heights and the deepest depths? God’s love for the world is the reason that He gave us Jesus.
1 John 4:16—“And we have known and believed the love that God hath to us. God is love;and he that dwelleth in love dwelleth in God, and God in him.” KJV
John 3:16—“For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, thatwhosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. KJV
5. God cannot and will not change His own character. God, Himself, has restricted His actions to stay within the boundaries of His Words. God has revealed who He really is through His written word. What a blessing—to know that God is the same yesterday, today and forever! When someone proves themselves over and over to be true to their word, how does that affect you? Well, a faithful person is the one you can truly trust and rely on–and so it is with our Lord.
Hebrews 13:8—“Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.” KJV
Psalms 34:8—“O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.” KJV