Revelations 13:14 “…by the signs that it is allowed to work in the presence of the beast it deceives those who dwell on earth…”
- ‘Technological singularity’ by 2045? Futurists predict point where humans, machines become one
- …the “singularity” refers to a hypothetical point in time at which the development of artificial general intelligence (AGI) – that is, AI with human-level abilities – becomes so advanced that it will irreversibly change human civilization.
- Brain implants as the first stage
- Elon Musk’s company Neuralink is seeking permission from the Food and Drug Administration to begin human trials for its BCI technology
- Neuralink hopes to help paraplegic people walk and blind people see again. But beyond these goals are other ambitions.
- Musk has long said he believes brain implants will allow telepathic communication, and lead to the co-evolution of humans and machines. He argues that unless we use such technology to augment our intellects, we risk being wiped out by super-intelligent AI.
- According to Ray Kurzweil, a futurist and former Google innovations engineer, humans with AI-augmented minds could be thrown onto the autobahn of evolution – hurtling forward without speed limits.A
- Kurzweil theorizes…the part of the brain thought to be responsible for “higher functions” such as sensory perception, emotion and cognition – is a hierarchical system of pattern recognizers which, if emulated in a machine, could lead to artificial super-intelligence.
- He predicts the singularity will be with us by 2045, and thinks it might bring about a world of super-intelligent humans
- The final frontier is between our ears
Read the original article by clicking here.