Revelation 16:9 “They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.”
- Wildfires in Germany, Czechia threatening tourist region
- The fire in the region, called Bohemian Switzerland on the Czech side and the Saxon Switzerland national park on the German side, started last weekend. It had seemed to be under control but spread again early Thursday, German news agency dpa reported.
- Hundreds of firefighters on both sides of the border battled the flames with help from reinforcements from neighboring Poland and Slovakia. Eight firefighting helicopters were working to douse the flames in the hilly and rocky region that is difficult to access and where about 250 hectares (618 acres) of forest were burning
- “It’s all very tense, we can by no means speak of an easing of the fire yet” firefighters have reached the limits of their capabilities, Saxony Interior Minister Armin Schuster said.
- Another large forest fire in the Elbe-Elster district of the eastern German state of Brandenburg was under control, but the fire was still burning an area of 500 hectares (1,236 acres).
Read the original article by clicking here.