Revelation 16:9 “They were scorched by the fierce heat, and they cursed the name of God who had power over these plagues. They did not repent and give him glory.”
- Ian strengthens into major Category 3 hurricane as it makes landfall in Cuba
- Landfall was just southwest of the town of La Coloma in the Pinar Del Río province
- Maximum sustained winds of 125 mph
- In Florida, Gov. Ron DeSantis declared an emergency, saying Ian could hit the state as a punishing Category 4 hurricane, with wind speeds topping 130 mph. A direct hit on Tampa Bay is expected as soon as Wednesday.
- “That’s going to cause a huge amount of storm surge,” he said. “You’re going to have flood events. You’re going to have a lot of different impacts.”
- Oil companies evacuated workers from deep-water platforms in the Gulf of Mexico, and airports in Tampa and Pinellas County in Florida announced that they would close Tuesday. American Airlines announced travel waivers for people flying to or out of 20 airports in Florida and the Caribbean.
Read the original article by clicking here.