Deuteronomy 27:25 “‘Cursed be anyone who takes a bribe to shed innocent blood.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’
- NY AG Letitia James Looks to Legislation to Fund Abortion Providers
- After the leaked Supreme Court draft opinion that shows the court is likely to overturn the 1973 case Roe v. Wade, New York Attorney General Letitia James announced new legislation that will provide financial resources to abortion providers in the state.
- “Every person in this nation should have the freedom to control their own body and their own healthcare, and this fundamental right is implicit in our Constitution, and that right should not be abridged and or denied,”
- “Over the past few years, as states have rolled back this right and made it harder to get an abortion, New York has already experienced an uptick of people coming to our state to get an abortion,” James said, according to CBS. “According to the CDC in 2019, almost 9% of abortions performed in New York were for people from other states. That amounts to about 7,000 individuals.”
- According to the Guttmacher Institute, the number of people traveling from Ohio and Pennsylvania to New York for an abortion is likely to increase to more than 32,000 per year, if Roe is overturned.
Read the original article by clicking here.