Deuteronomy 27:25 “‘Cursed be anyone who takes a bribe to shed innocent blood.’ And all the people shall say, ‘Amen.’
- SATANIC TEMPLE SEEKS RELIGIOUS EXEMPTION TO COMMIT ABORTIONS
- In response to a leaked Supreme Court opinion draft that would overturn Roe v. Wade, The Satanic Temple said they were committed to safeguarding “religious abortion access” for its adherents.
- The religious organization said they are filing the lawsuit under Federal RFRA, noting that “unfettered access” to these drugs – that are used to terminate a pregnancy – would be a considerable step toward enabling The Satanic Temple to perform their abortion ritual without interference from the government.
- TST established the “Satanic Abortion Ritual” to make a case for a religious exception under the Religious Freedom Restoration Act (RFRA), a federal law from 1993 making it illegal for state governments to interfere in a person’s religion without demonstrating a compelling interest.
- Among their arguments was that subjecting its adherents to the requirements violated one of the Satanist’s main tenets: “one’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.”
Read the original article by clicking here.