Luke 21:25 ““And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves
- The latest storm put nearly 27,000 people under evacuation orders due to flooding and landslide risks and caused 16 major rivers in the state to overflow.
- On the Pajaro River a broken levee caused by a similar storm on Friday was again overwhelmed, flooding farms, roads and submerging the entire town of Pajaro and forcing thousands of residents to flee.
- Damaging winds with speeds of 70 mph blew out windows, and there were numerous reports of falling trees.
- Power outages hit more than 330,000 utility customers in northern and central areas, according to poweroutage.us, which tracks outages nationwide.
- Atmospheric rivers can carry up to 15 times the volume of the Mississippi River, according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.
- In 2019, an atmospheric river nicknamed the ‘Pineapple Express’ hit California. The water vapor from near Hawaii brought rain, triggered mudslides and forced motorists to swim for their lives.
- In 2021, an atmospheric river dumped a month’s worth of rain on British Columbia in two days, prompting fatal floods and landslides, devastating communities and severing access to Canada’s largest port.
Read the original article by clicking here.