Revelations 18:23 ‘For the merchants were the great men of the earth; for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived.’
- Flathead Food Banks Overwhelmed as Prices Rise
- As inflation drives up grocery and gas prices, local food banks are struggling to keep up with increasing demand
- The problem of overwhelmed and understocked food banks is not unique to northwest Montana. Food and gas prices are skyrocketing across the country, forcing Americans to pinch pennies and limit purchases. As of last month, grocery store prices were up 10.8% from the same time last year. While supermarket tabs are getting higher, lines at food pantries are getting longer, as Americans struggle to put meals on the table.
- “We’ve seen a decrease in our donations, in our drives, and in our grocery rescue. When there’s less on the shelves, there’s less for us to rescue.”
- North Valley Food Bank in Whitefish, has experienced similar difficulties with grocery rescues. On some recent trips to supermarkets, there has been nearly nothing for the food bank to take, she says
Read the original article by clicking here.