Matthew 24:7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places.
- Hawaii wildfires: Maui hospitals ‘overwhelmed’ and 911 services are disconnected due to downed cell towers as terrified residents try to flee
- Hospitals in Maui have become overwhelmed with patients as the wildfires that have destroyed hundreds of homes and killed ‘multiple’ people rage on.
- Multiple people are feared dead and countless are fearing for their lives in Hawaii this morning after ‘apocalyptic’ wildfires set fire to the island paradise.
- The fires, fanned by strong winds from Hurricane Dora, have burned structures, forced evacuations and caused power outages in several communities.
- 911 services in most of Maui are disconnected due to downed cell towers, hampering the evacuation efforts.
- ‘What we are trying to do is deploy individuals to go into areas with satellite phone service.
- ‘We have only been in contact with perhaps one hotel because the one hotel, the people in charge of that hotel have satellite phones.
- ‘That’s the only way you can make connection.
- Acting Governor Sylvia Luke issued an emergency proclamation on behalf of Gov. Josh Green, who is traveling, and activated the Hawaii National Guard.
- Fire crews on Maui were battling multiple blazes concentrated in two areas: the popular tourist destination of West Maui and an inland, mountainous region.
- Footage shot from a yacht in Lahaina Mooring Field in Maui shows the sky bruising as huge plumes of smoke rise from the fires.
Read the original article by clicking here.