Luke 21:25 ““And there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth distress of nations in perplexity because of the roaring of the sea and the waves
- California reeling from mudslides, wind damage after latest atmospheric river to pummel state
- Crosswinds blew over trucks and trailers on Bay Area bridges. Authorities closed the Golden Gate Bridge and the Richmond San Rafael Bridge to high-profile vehicles. San Francisco International Airport issued a ground stop for a time because of the extreme gusts.
- In the Santa Cruz area, two cars were struck by a falling tree as they traveled along busy Highway 1.
- Gusts reached 80-90 mph in some of the Bay Area foothills, with Loma Prieta registering a gust of 97 mph. Farther inland, Sacramento reported a 60-mph gust.
- At the height of the storm, some 373,000 customers were without power in California as trees and power lines succumbed to the high winds
- In Placer County near the Sierra Nevada, a massive landslide crashed into a home in Colfax, leaving significant mud-covered damage but no injuries.
- Orange County emergency crews evacuated an apartment building when the cliff holding up the rear of the building collapsed onto the trail below.
- As night approached, heavier rains spread south into the Los Angeles area, setting eight daily rainfall records across Southern California… a daily record that had stood for 97 years.
Read the original article by clicking here.