- Homeland Security Officer’s Pro-Hamas Posts ‘Celebrating Genocide’ Lead to Senate Fireworks
- …heated exchange on Capitol Hill between Sen. Josh Hawley (R-MO) and DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas. The moment came during the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Committee’s “Threats to the Homeland” hearing.
- Hawley and Mayorkas sparred over the current job status of Nejwa Ali, a Homeland Security officer, who has reportedly made repeated posts celebrating the Hamas terrorist attacks on Israel, using images of Hamas terrorist’s paragliding into Israel with the headline, “Free PALESTINE,” according to The Daily Wire.
- The outlet reported DHS hired Ali, who had worked as a public affairs officer for the Palestinian Liberation Organization in 2016 and 2017.
- Her job at DHS is to determine the status of who is allowed to come into the U.S., whether they be classified as a migrant or an asylum-seeker.
- Ali has posted extremist rhetoric on several social media platforms for years, according to The Daily Wire.
- The outlet reported her rhetoric online escalated earlier this month when Hamas terrorists killed 1,400 Israelis, including 33 Americans. Ali reportedly wrote, “F*** Israel, the government, and its military. Are you ready for your downfall?” in an Instagram post following the barbaric terror attacks.
- According to Newsweek, she also wrote several posts referring to Israel as an “apartheid occupation.” One of her posts reportedly read: “Israel and every Israel has to remember one thing: respect our existence or expect resistance. Simple. No apologies. #freepalestine.”
- She has been an employee of DHS since 2019 and is currently on administrative leave. Hawley wrote and sent a letter to Mayorkas earlier this month calling for Ali to be fired.
Read the original article by clicking here.