- America is tired of Joe and Hunter Biden ‘weaponizing addiction’ as a get-out-of-jail-free card
- People have been sympathetic and indulgent toward Hunter Biden all his life — and maybe that’s part of his problem.
- But at 53, it’s time to grow up.
- Hunter’s self-pitying op-ed in USA Today was ridiculous.
- “What troubles me is the demonization of addiction, of human frailty, using me as its avatar and the devastating consequences it has for the millions struggling with addiction, desperate for a way out and being bombarded by the denigrating and near-constant coverage of me and my addiction on Fox News … and in the New York Post,” he wrote.
- But our coverage is of corruption, not addiction.
- It worked for Joe in the final debate of the 2020 election when he responded to pointed questions from Donald Trump about the millions Hunter had vacuumed up from China.
- He claimed Hunter’s abandoned laptop, which he knew very well was Hunter’s, was a “Russian plant” and “a bunch of garbage” and cited the Dirty 51 letter penned by 51 former intelligence officials that he knew was cooked up by senior adviser, now hapless Secretary of State, Antony Blinken.
- He feigned ignorance of the Chinese deals he helped Hunter secure, saying, “My son has not made money in terms of this thing about, what are you talking about, China.”
- Really? The Big Guy was slated to take 10% of just one Chinese deal Hunter had with Chinese Communist Party-linked energy company CEFC, and Joe met Tony Bobulinski twice in LA to vet him as CEO of the joint venture between the Bidens and China.
- Hunter’s first China deal came a few days after VP Joe flew with him on Air Force Two to Beijing and shook hands with his partner. Please.
- But the icing on the cake was the addiction defense. Joe looked directly at the camera and told the folks at home: “My son, like a lot of people at home, had a drug problem. He’s overtaking it. He’s fixed it. He’s worked on it. And I’m proud of him.”
- The appeal looks even more cynical today as evidence of corruption keeps piling up.
- Comer last week released bank documents showing that $40,000 “in laundered Chinese money landed in Joe Biden’s bank account in the form of a personal check” from his brother Jim Biden.
- Comer says that once he gets the latest tranche of bank records, he will issue two dozen subpoenas for Biden family members and associates: “It’s going to be a big week.
Read the original article by clicking here.