Revelation 6:12 states a similar prophecy surrounding the end of days: “And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake, and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood”
- Another Blood Moon Is Coming, and It Falls Right on the Night of the Midterm Elections
- This celestial event will be the third of its kind in the last 18 months – the second one in 2022. Then the next lunar eclipse won’t occur until March 14, 2025.
- a “blood moon” is foretold by the Bible in the book of Joel 2:31: “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and terrible day of the Lord come.”
- Also in Acts 2:20: “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come.”
- Some church leaders and pastors are saying the timing of this year’s lunar eclipse has prophetic significance because of its connection to elections in both Israel and the U.S.
- John Graves, CEO of the church association called Million Voices, spoke on the Flashpoint program saying, “There’s going to be a much bigger swing than people think. It’s not going to be 10 or 20 in the House. It’s going to be 30, 40, 50. It’s going to be at least 54 in the Senate.”
- Graves believes that political trends indicate Latinos and conservative women are the two demographics that are going to dictate the outcome.
- Pastor Hank Kunneman, This is the time on God’s calendar [and] He is calling it God’s-term, God’s turning or mid-turning. And I really believe that we are in a place, right now, in our nation (of) Deuteronomy 6:23. ‘God brought the nation out.’ He’s going to bring us out and we are going to see it…to bring us in…to give us, it says, the land that He promised,” he explained.
- …this is the beginning of America’s turning back,” he added.
- Kunneman closed by adding that Israel’s latest election, which indicates the return of Benjamin Netanyahu as prime minister, means that God is moving throughout the world.
Read the original article by clicking here.
Joel 3:3-4 reads, “Before the great and terrible day of Hashem comes,* I will set portents in the sky and on earth: Blood and fire and pillars of smoke; The sun shall turn into darkness And the moon into blood.”
- Signs in the Heavens: Blood Red Skies in China and ‘Super Flower Blood Moon’ in US Prompt Biblical End Times Talk
- Unique weather conditions in China’s port city of Zhoushan caused the sky to turn blood-red earlier this week, and left many of the city’s residents wondering if the end of the world had come.
- Historians have found 300-year-old documents from China, Korea and Japan that contain eyewitness accounts of a similar event. According to the accounts, in September of 1770, the skies over the region glowed red and the event continued for more than a week.
- Researchers studying the event told Live Science in 2017 that they theorized the red skies were caused by a giant geomagnetic storm that rivaled the most powerful one on record, the so-called Carrington Event of 1859.
- Meanwhile, in the United States, amateur astronomers and other skywatchers will witness the first lunar eclipse of 2022
- According to NASA, the full moon will appear red in both North and South America and Europe and Africa as part of a total lunar eclipse on May 15-16.
- Some are calling this event a “super flower blood moon.”
- Many Christians also see prophetic implications behind them. That’s because they’re directly mentioned in scripture.
- Joel 2:31″The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood…”
- Acts 2:20, “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood…”
- Revelations 6:12, “…the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.”
Read the original article by clicking here.
(Reuters) – The longest partial lunar eclipse in a millennium dazzled night skies around the world on Friday, in an event dubbed the ‘Blood Moon’ due to its red haze.
The partial eclipse, which lasted 3 hours, 28 minutes and 23 seconds, is the longest since February 18, 1440, according to NASA.
Stunning views of the partial lunar eclipse could be seen in parts of the United States, Asia and South America.
During the eclipse, up to 99.1% of the Moon’s disk was within Earth’s darkest shadow, NASA said.
Missed it? You will have to wait until 2669 before you can see a partial lunar eclipse that is longer than this one. However, there will be a longer total lunar eclipse in November of next year.
(Reporting by Eduardo Munoz; editing by Diane Craft)
Pastor Jim Bakker welcomes special guest Mark Biltz as they discuss the importance of paying attention to God’s calendar and the signs of end times in the world today.
There are many people that do not even want to hear the Book of Revelation. They call ministers who preach on the prophetic events of the Bible, “prophets of doom” disregarding the fact that it is plainly written in the Bible and we’re seeing it in the daily news today! So many in the church today are not allowing themselves to see what is happening right in front of their eyes.
Matthew 16:2-3 tells us, “When it is evening, ye say, “It will be fair weather: for the sky is red.” “And in the morning, It will be foul weather today: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times.”
Luke 21:27-28 tells us, “There will be signs in the sun, in the moon, and in the stars…Then they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. Now when these things begin to happen, look up and lift up your heads, because your redemption draws near.”
Michael Snyder explains why he believes volcano activity is a critical sign of events that take place before Jesus returns. Continue reading
People around the world stepped outside of their homes or near their windows to catch a glimpse of the rare supermoon lunar eclipse that took place Sunday night.
CNN featured a video of Christians in Jerusalem gathering outside for the event. Praises were sung, prayers were said, and a shofar was blown during the full eclipse of the moon.
A lunar eclipse occurs when the moon enters Earth’s shadow, which often turns the mood a blood red color. A supermoon is when the moon is at its closest point to Earth in its elliptical orbit. This makes the moon appear 14% bigger and brighter than normal.
The last time there was a supermoon eclipse was 1982, and it will not happen again until 2033.
Sunday’s lunar eclipse was also the final eclipse in the blood moon tetrad. Previous tetrads have occurred in key years of Jewish history, including 1492 when the Jewish people were banished from Spain, and another took place in 1948, the year of the Arab-Israeli war.
The third blood moon lunar eclipse in the 18-month long tetrad will occur this Saturday on the morning of Easter Vigil and within the first night of Passover.
Earth’s shadow will cover the entire moon at 4:58 a.m. PST and the total eclipse will last approximately five minutes, making it the shortest eclipse in a century. The short timing of this eclipse is caused by the moon skimming the outskirts of Earth’s shadow, rather than passing through centrally.
Red light is created around the rim of the Earth when it covers the sun and that red light beams onto the moon, causing the blood red tint.
After Saturday, the next blood moon is expected September 28, 2015.
The moon turned blood red for a few hours early Tuesday morning.
The “blood moon” comes from a total eclipse of the moon due to the earth moving in front of the sun. The red hue is caused by the sunsets around the world allowing a minute level of light to hit the moon’s surface.
The entire time of the transition to a red color takes approximately one hour at the prime viewing locations.
The blood moon is referenced several times in Scripture as coming before the return of Christ. The Book of Acts and the Book of Joel have references to the blood moon. This year’s moon came on the second day of Passover and will be the first of four within the next two years, all happening during the Jewish festivals of Passover and the Feast of the Tabernacles.
There were 300 years before the 20th century with no blood moons. After the four scheduled blood moons over the next two years, another blood moon is not predicted until 2032 according to NASA officials.