Joel 3:3-4 reads, “Before the great and terrible day of Hashem comes,* I will set portents in the sky and on earth: Blood and fire and pillars of smoke; The sun shall turn into darkness And the moon into blood.”
- Signs in the Heavens: Blood Red Skies in China and ‘Super Flower Blood Moon’ in US Prompt Biblical End Times Talk
- Unique weather conditions in China’s port city of Zhoushan caused the sky to turn blood-red earlier this week, and left many of the city’s residents wondering if the end of the world had come.
- Historians have found 300-year-old documents from China, Korea and Japan that contain eyewitness accounts of a similar event. According to the accounts, in September of 1770, the skies over the region glowed red and the event continued for more than a week.
- Researchers studying the event told Live Science in 2017 that they theorized the red skies were caused by a giant geomagnetic storm that rivaled the most powerful one on record, the so-called Carrington Event of 1859.
- Meanwhile, in the United States, amateur astronomers and other skywatchers will witness the first lunar eclipse of 2022
- According to NASA, the full moon will appear red in both North and South America and Europe and Africa as part of a total lunar eclipse on May 15-16.
- Some are calling this event a “super flower blood moon.”
- Many Christians also see prophetic implications behind them. That’s because they’re directly mentioned in scripture.
- Joel 2:31″The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood…”
- Acts 2:20, “The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood…”
- Revelations 6:12, “…the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood.”
Read the original article by clicking here.