- When we read the headlines, it is not hard to see that our world is on a downward slide. Political tensions, natural disasters, and disease outbreaks are escalating. More and more professed believers seem to be falling away from the faith. It has caused many people to wonder whether these events are part of biblical prophecy
- The Sign of Deception
- As we move toward the Last Days, Jesus said there would be an increasing danger of deception by false teachers. “Take heed that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and will deceive many” (Matthew 24:4-5). More and more people will search for leaders to deliver them, and they will seek mystics and religious leaders who claim to have deeper knowledge.
- Our society is characterized by a culture of toleration that works for everybody but Christians. There is great acceptance and understanding for all sorts of immoral behavior, yet the world considers it unacceptable to speak of absolute Truth. In response, some churches and pastors have departed from sound doctrine. This isn’t just another trend. It is a spirit of deception taking hold of our culture.
- In John 14:6, He said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” Through Him, we “shall know the truth, and the truth shall make [us] free” (John 8:32).
- The Sign of Disputes Among Nations
- (Matthew 24:6,7). As dissension escalates, we can view it as a sign of the times. The book of Revelation tells us that conflict—ceaseless, unending, terrible war—will fill the Tribulation period, and it will escalate until the entire world is involved.
- The Sign of Devastation
- Jesus warned of “famines, pestilences, and earthquakes in various places” (Matthew 24:7). We live in a day when we can scarcely turn on the TV without seeing someone trying to raise money to feed the hungry. Even though God has blessed us with a fruitful, abundant planet, millions of people in the world face food insecurity and scarcity.
- The Sign of Deliverance Into Tribulation
- In the Last Days, there will be an explosion of antagonism toward God’s people: “Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and kill you, and you will be hated by all nations for My name’s sake” (Matthew 24:9).
- The Olivet Discourse is one of the most comprehensive outlines of prophecy in Scripture. Jesus shared this information so that we could see and understand the times. In Matthew 24:6, He told His disciples, “See to it that you are not troubled; for all these things must come to pass.”
Read the original article by clicking here.