- Too Much Is At Stake For Our Nation To Follow ‘Influencers’ To The Ballot Box
- Taylor Swift. A recent article that many of you might have read stated that she has the ability to sway the U.S. election this year. That’s a little scary to think about.
- We don’t need her opinion on who she thinks would be the best candidate to lead this country while we’re facing huge national security issues, inflation, our borders in shambles, and the mess of our education system. Morality has been down in our nation, and our military is being undermined by an ideology from within—all while our enemies around the world see it and are loving it.
- We, the American voters, have become like sheep, blindly following the voices of influencers.
- Following Celebrities
- Following Political Commentators
- Following No One
- Have you been following no one? We cannot afford to sit out. We say this every election, and it amazes me when the numbers come out afterward, showing how many people, especially evangelical Christians, sat out.
- Who Should You Follow To The Ballot Box?
- This season of survival in the United States should remind us of Israel’s survival and Joshua’s call for them to only follow the Lord. In Joshua 24, he brings all the tribes of Israel together to remind them of everything God has rescued them from. After this reminder, he calls for them to choose whom they will serve: “As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord” (Joshua 24:15). We have to serve the Lord starting in our own household.
- Much is expected of Christians to help serve in our community, to help make the decisions of who’s going to govern over us, our children, and our churches—and who could make the decision of shutting us down. We have to be a part of that.
- Keep this in mind as you vote: What does our country need to continue to thrive and to create an environment where we can share Jesus freely? Have you ever thought about that? Because of the freedoms we have, we get to share Him freely.
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will give you the wisdom to decipher through the noise and lies that come through different outlets. I know it can all be very confusing and seem overwhelming, but don’t go weary this year when it comes to our elections.
Read the original article by clicking here.